Bank of the Philippine Islands is the country’s largest bank in terms of market capitalization and the third largest in terms of total assets. It has a lead position in intermediation capacity, corporate and consumer lending, remittances, and electronic banking. The bank offers peso and foreign currency deposits, corporate and consumer loans, leasing, loan syndication, securities underwriting and distribution, foreign exchange, cash management, credit cards, payments and settlements, remittances, asset management services, life and general insurance.
• Posted net income of P11.3 billion, up by 33% from last year, with a return on equity of 15.6%
• Publicly launched BPI Globe BanKO, the country’s first mobile micro-focused savings bank
• Raised P10 billion worth of capital through a Stock Rights Offer
• Deployed Customer Transaction Assist (CTA) machines for paperless in-branch transactions in 100 branches
• Signed an agreement with ING Bank, N.V. Manila branch to acquire the latter’s trust and investment management business in the Philippines
Globe Telecom Inc. is a major provider of telecommunications services in the Philippines, servicing 26.5 million mobile subscribers, 1.1 million wired and wireless broadband customers, and over 600,000 landline subscribers. Formed out of a partnership between Ayala Corporation and Singapore Telecom, the company operates one of the largest and most technologically-advanced mobile, fixed line, and broadband networks in the country, and maintains a distributor and over-the-air reload networkspanning over 750,000 retailers nationwide.
• Net income of P9.7 billion below last year’s P12.6 billion; return on equity of 20.6%
• Consolidated service revenues of P62.6 billion, slightly higher than 2009, with robust performance of broadband and fixed line business
• Mobile SIM base grew by 14% to 26.5 million
• Postpaid subscribers reached 1 million mark; 4Q net additions at 7-year high
• Broadband subscribers grew by 50% to 1.1 million; broadband revenues up 75%